cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i doesnt record HD videos longer than a few seconds?

Boic
Contributor

Hi there

The T4i my partner got doesnt seem to record HD videos longer than just a few seconds. She is NOT using the video snap shot mode to capture video. Videos captured in 640x480 mode can record for quite a long time.. over twelve minutes. She has emptied the SDHC 16GB card totally and still faces the same problem.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The manual recommends a class 6 or higher.  Any class 10 will work for video.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

diverhank
Authority

Most likely it's the speed of your memory card.  Make sure you have a fast enough card for HD recording.  If the buffer fills up, it will stop recording.

Thanks for the reply. Could you reccomend a card which would be fast enough for this camera? I dont know much about rebel series as I have a 5D M2.

Thanks again

The manual recommends a class 6 or higher.  Any class 10 will work for video.

I had the same problem and I finally solved it by getting a Lexar 32GB card. Jim

Is that one a class 10 card? Thanks for all the replies.

I am sorry I have no idea what class it is ,I just know I was using a class 6  but at a lower GB then Canon asked me to try a diff Class 6 card so I did but at the same lower GB and that did not work. I suspect the problem is not with the class but with the size of the memory of the card, movies require a lot of memory so the bigger the better. ( I do not think the class # has anything to do with memory but probably something to do with download speed) I think you need both speedy download and large memory. I am no expert I just know what worked for me. Jim

Announcements