cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i Screen issues

Texasmomma88
Apprentice
first off, I am. I got this came about two years ago just to take pictures of family vacations and my babies. It is been working great, but I haven't used it in about a month. I got it out today to take pictures and the screen seems to be malfunctioning… I'm really hoping that it's just a setting somewhere that I am missing. I can review pictures and I can still go into the menu and settings. But the auto review, the description of the different modes when you turn the dial, and the settings for the pictures like white balance and flash settings and all of that doesn't show up... Instead the screen is just dead. I can get it to work for one shot, occasionally by opening and flipping the screen, but then it just stops working again. Anyone experienced this before or have any advice? Thanks so much for any help you can give.
2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Not sure about the opening and closing part, but the other behaviors occur on mine if the INFO. button is cycled into a different position. Try pushing it once.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Texasmomma88
Apprentice
I actually just figured out what it was per a suggestion on another forum, thank you so much for trying to help. 🙂 the eye piece/ viewfinder had gotten pushed up about half an inch and was blocking the sensor that toggles the screen on and off as your face gets near it to take a picture.
Announcements