cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i Resets to AWB

commanderj
Apprentice

Hi.  I'm just looking for other people who have this issue.  On my refurbished T4i, which I've just begun using, whenever I open the SD card compartment, the white balance resets to the dreaded AWB setting.  It's like clockwork.  A Canon rep told me that they could not reproduce this result on their end and suggest I send it in for service.  But this just doesn't FEEL like a service issue to me.

Does anyone else have this issue?  I've tried different cards.  Same result.  Jumps right back to AWB and I need to set it back to whatever I had.  It can really screw up a shoot if I don't remember to constantly check my white balance setting.

Is this happening to you?  Is there a fix?  Please let me know.  Thanks!

- Dan

P.S.  Firmware is 1.0.4.

14 REPLIES 14

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I was told that the "P" stood for "Program"."

Well maybe!  I do think some people mistakening refer to it as Program but in reality it is for Professional.  And I am sticking with that.  Smiley LOL

On Page 162 of the latest edition (IM3) of the 5D Mark III Instruction Manual, in a section headed "P: Program AE", we find:

"*<P> stands for Program."  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

An obivious misprint, I imagine.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

He's joking with you. Search for Ken Rockwell Professional Mode and have a laugh. 🙂
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

You can just search for "Ken Rockwell" and have a laugh.

@Skirball wrote:

You can just search for "Ken Rockwell" and have a laugh.

To get the "in" jokes, I guess you have to read Rockwell's stuff more often than I do.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements