cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i LCD flashes setup info before review of picture

miket424
Apprentice

I don't recall this being normal, but I recently noticed that after taking a picture, the LCD would quickly flash the setup screen (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation, etc immediately after taking a picture, then display the picture just taken.  It doesn't happen on every shot, but does seem to occur about 50% of the time.  I've tried to isolate it by changing modes (aperture priority, manual, program) but always with the same result.

The only thing I can think of is I'm shooting RAW + L (18MP) and so maybe there's a delay before the picture can be displayed as the image is being written to the card?  Card is SanDisk Extreme 32gb.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MBFPT44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any input would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You could try resetting the camera, reformatting the memory card, updating the firmware, or simply ignore it because it ain't really broken, so don't try to fix it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@miket424 wrote:

I don't recall this being normal, but I recently noticed that after taking a picture, the LCD would quickly flash the setup screen (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation, etc immediately after taking a picture, then display the picture just taken.  It doesn't happen on every shot, but does seem to occur about 50% of the time.  I've tried to isolate it by changing modes (aperture priority, manual, program) but always with the same result.

The only thing I can think of is I'm shooting RAW + L (18MP) and so maybe there's a delay before the picture can be displayed as the image is being written to the card?  Card is SanDisk Extreme 32gb.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MBFPT44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any input would be appreciated.

Try cycling through the 'Info' button, see if that changes things.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are these RAWS or JPEGS? Could it take longer to process raws allowing a bit of time for the setup screen to flash on?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements