cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i Battery

chief
Rising Star

Can somebody tell me how I determine what battery my T4i has is it a BP 511 or a LPE6?

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

LP-E8

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks I am looking to buy a LCD monitor and it comes in two different types of batteries an LPE6 or a BP511. Does it matter if the camera is not the same?

No. Each takes its own kind.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I am confused each monitor takes a different battery and my camera uses a third kind. Does it matter which monitor I use?Or do I have to find a monitor that uses the same battery that my camera uses?I do not mind if monitor uses a different battery even though it will be more expensive having two different batteries and Chargers.

"I am confused ...:

Me, too! Smiley Surprised

What in the world does it matter what "monitor" you are using to the camera?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The monitor is either 5 or 7 inch LCD screen that attaches to the battery shoe or a rail that you can attach monitor microphone or a light. I film alot of video and it is a lot easier to see what you are shooting on a bigger screen than the small screen on camera

OK, that is what it is, but what does it have to do with the camera or it's battery?

I'm just curious as to why you believe it would. Maybe something I am unaware of.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

That's what I am confused about also I guess the both run on different batteries so I guess my concern is if attached to shoe will the camera power it or will they be non compatible, I just saw these monitors at a video class on Saturday and was not able to delve in deeper cause it was about shooting video and I have not been able to find answers on websites that sell them I am looking at one made by a company called Marshall or Llliput but there are some bad reviews on the Lilliput these are not cheap either and I want to make right purchase first time around,

Monitors mount on hot shoe but they are not powered by hot shoe.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements