Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

T3i won't turn on out of the box

I just bought a Rebel T3i and it won't turn on out of the box.  I've done everything exactly as the directions say, but each time I flip the "on" switch, nothing happens.  I've managed to turn it on but ONLY by flipping the "on" switch, taking out the battery, putting it back in, then flipping the battery door closed (entire sequence with the "on" switch in place).  So far, of all the things I've tried, this is the only thing that works.  Has anyone else had the same thing happen or can help me figure out what might be wrong?  I live in Africa and had the camera brought here with a friend, so unfortunately, just returning it isn't really an option at this point.  Thanks!

Highlighted
VIP

Re: T3i won't turn on out of the box

[ Edited ]

And you are certain the battery is charged before you try?  Smiley Frustrated

Otherwise, returning, or warranty service may be your only options.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, 100% certain.  I charged the battery over night and the green light was showing on the charger when I woke up.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

When you were finally able to get the camera to power up, did it prompt you to set the date & time?

I'm wondering if the camera was really "new".  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yep, sure did.