cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i stuck on "sensor cleaning" screen!

mrscruise
Apprentice

I haven't used my camera in about a month and today I turned it on and none of the buttons would work. The screen was just frozen but the "sensor cleaning" icon was flashing. It didn't even turn off. I had to remove the battery. Now, it's stuck on the "off" screen where is says "sensor cleaning". To turn it off, I still have to remove the battery (I have an external battery on it). Help?!

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"(I have an external battery on it)."   Smiley Frustrated

As in a battery grip or a AC adapter?  If a battery grip and it is an off-brand get rid of it.  Remove it and install a new Canon brand battery.  If it is the AC adapter do the same.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

zadams
Apprentice

HAve you figured anything else out with this issue? I have been having the same trouble and can't find anything anywhere.

In his case it may be the grip.  Third party grips are notoriously bad.  Do you have one as well?

EB

zadams
Apprentice

No. It is a factory new camera. No additions except a uv filter.

Did you do a "Clear all settings"?  Do so.

EB

zadams
Apprentice
I did. No change. I have to remove the battery to turn it off and when I turn it back on it indicates sensor cleaning again. Unless I have the memory card compartment open when I turn it on. Then it starts up fine.

I am no fortune teller but, I believe Canon service is in your future.

EB
Announcements