cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i pcitures are coming out black

itsjojo
Apprentice

Hi All!

My t3i was dropped and the viewfinder became very blurry. I had it repaired and just picked it up today.  They overhauled the eye-piece diopter & now the viewfinder is no longer blurry.  Great!

However, I'm noticing now that all modes with ISO-auto are causing the pictures to come out black.  

In a given example, the viewfinder date reads as follows: 

Shutter Speed/ f-stop: 60  4.0

ISO 400

Could there be a possible problem with the Scene Ingelligent Auto function?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

First thing to do.  Reset the camera to defaults and retest.  Might want to test with a second lens if you have more than one.

"They"

Have to ask..  Did Canon or a Canon authorized service center perform this repair?

Yes, take it back...  if the reset doesn't help.

No, take it back and hope. 

Admittedly, I'm not the advocate for old tech.  I never would have paid to have a T3i repaired. 

Start with a reset and post back with those results.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

When you take one of these balck images through the viewfinder, does the viewfinder black out?

It could be a stuck mirror.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"My t3i was dropped and the viewfinder became very blurry."

This is where you should have cut your loses and bought a new (another) camera.  You still need to do so. You can buy a working used T31 for $200 to $300 bucks, with lens(s).

Resetting it is not going to help since it had to be reset when they repaired it. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements