Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

T3i Not Working (No Power)

Appears that the camera will not power up. 

re-seeded sd card, battery, and lens. 

anyone else have complete power failures? why these camers dying off so quickly?

VIP

Re: T3i Not Working (No Power)

[ Edited ]

One, you could have a bad battery. 

Two, I think the display is designed to blank the LCD when your face is close to the rubber eyepiece.  There is a sensor there that blanks the screen.  If the rubber eyepiece becomes dislodged, or a foreign object obscures the sensor, the LCD can be blanked out and seem to appear to have failed.

Three, let's not think about number three.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

Not on the T3i.

New Contributor

My t3i comes on for a second and then goes dead.  Won't take any pictures and nothing appears on screen.  I bought new Canon brand battery, charged it, and same thing happened.  What's the fix?  I checked the battery door and SD card door.

Honored Contributor

@SamCameraMan wrote:

My t3i comes on for a second and then goes dead.  Won't take any pictures and nothing appears on screen.  I bought new Canon brand battery, charged it, and same thing happened.  What's the fix?  I checked the battery door and SD card door.

Most Canon DSLRs (including, I'm pretty sure, the T3i) will shake the sensor when you turn the camera on or off, as a means of trying to dislodge dust. A wild stab in the dark is that something could have gone wrong with the mechanism that does that. Have you tried calling Canon Support?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
New Contributor

Bob:

Thanks for response.  I will try Canon support, though from number of postings it seems a lot of people are seeing this.  Just not clear what worked, if anything, for any of them.

Sam

VIP

Are you sure the charger is good and giving you a fully charge battery?

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!