cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i Not Working (No Power)

metalman5150
Apprentice

Appears that the camera will not power up. 

re-seeded sd card, battery, and lens. 

anyone else have complete power failures? why these camers dying off so quickly?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

One, you could have a bad battery. 

Two, I think the display is designed to blank the LCD when your face is close to the rubber eyepiece.  There is a sensor there that blanks the screen.  If the rubber eyepiece becomes dislodged, or a foreign object obscures the sensor, the LCD can be blanked out and seem to appear to have failed.

Three, let's not think about number three.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Not on the T3i.

SamCameraMan
Apprentice

My t3i comes on for a second and then goes dead.  Won't take any pictures and nothing appears on screen.  I bought new Canon brand battery, charged it, and same thing happened.  What's the fix?  I checked the battery door and SD card door.

@SamCameraMan wrote:

My t3i comes on for a second and then goes dead.  Won't take any pictures and nothing appears on screen.  I bought new Canon brand battery, charged it, and same thing happened.  What's the fix?  I checked the battery door and SD card door.

Most Canon DSLRs (including, I'm pretty sure, the T3i) will shake the sensor when you turn the camera on or off, as a means of trying to dislodge dust. A wild stab in the dark is that something could have gone wrong with the mechanism that does that. Have you tried calling Canon Support?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob:

Thanks for response.  I will try Canon support, though from number of postings it seems a lot of people are seeing this.  Just not clear what worked, if anything, for any of them.

Sam

Are you sure the charger is good and giving you a fully charge battery?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements