cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i LiveView white outline box overlay removal

DevDorian
Apprentice

I am using my T3i to broadcast on Twitch dot TV. I have everything set up, great framerate and quality already but I can't find where the setting is to remove to white outline box in the middle of the view.

I am using OBS to capture the view from the LiveView window in the EOS Camera software to do this which contrary to what others have told me actually works extremely well. In doing so though I still have the white outline box (not sure what this is actualy called) which needs to be removed. Anyone know how do remove it? Thank you for reading 🙂

26 REPLIES 26

DevDorian
Apprentice

I ended up figuring it out. So for those of you who may be having the same problem simply change the focus to "face detection live mode" and it goes away 🙂

hey, thank you, this helped me 4 years later ! 

Hi folks, I was having this same problem however when I turn on face detetction live mode there is a small white box that tracks the face of anyone in the frame. Any ways to circumvent this? Thanks!

One you get your focus on yourself, switch the lens autofocus over to manual and poof, box disappears!

Hey there - I tried this and that box is STILL there - any other tips??

@oceanbeach24 wrote:

Hey there - I tried this and that box is STILL there - any other tips??

This thread is pretty old. Are you sure you're using the same camera as the others were using?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I wish I was referring to a modern camera, but no.  I have an old T3i that I am now using as a webcam for demos with a Blackmagic switcher and webcast platforms.  Most the external webcams are not available to order or they are marked up right now due to high demand.  Everytime thus far when I'm working on the demo, people keep saying, 'you gotta get rid of that box!'.   I just need the box gone so I can do the demos, I don't actually use the camera for the live feed.  I can't get that box OFF - would love any help available, I can't find anything else on the web!

What lens are you using?

Since you are not using the camera as a live feed why not just record the video on the camera rather than using HDMI?

I am using it as a live demo.  It's being used with a streaming platform as a webcam for live demos so I need the focus rectancle removed because it shows during the stream.  I've tried it in every mode and am under the impression it can't be removed with this model.  The closest I can come is when it is it live face detection but as soon as I'm in front of it then the recangle pops up and follows my face.  I've tried it in movie mode, photograph mode, everything, no luck.  I have the lens it came with and a close up lens as well.  Do you know how to get rid of the rectangle?

Announcements