cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i LiveView white outline box overlay removal

DevDorian
Apprentice

I am using my T3i to broadcast on Twitch dot TV. I have everything set up, great framerate and quality already but I can't find where the setting is to remove to white outline box in the middle of the view.

I am using OBS to capture the view from the LiveView window in the EOS Camera software to do this which contrary to what others have told me actually works extremely well. In doing so though I still have the white outline box (not sure what this is actualy called) which needs to be removed. Anyone know how do remove it? Thank you for reading 🙂

26 REPLIES 26

write back what you find... im trying to use the t3i as a camera for live streaming church services.  obviously i cant have anything on the screen like the white box.  im using camtwist as the software and not had any issues before using webcams, but they are only good for wide shots and even then its just ok. 

Mochimuffin
Apprentice
My boyfriend is using this camera to stream, he moved the focus box into the corner and used his stream software to crop it out. Don't know if this is still an issue but hope this helps someone!

deardanagrace
Apprentice

HI i was having the same problem. and although i don't the correct solution to the problem, i do have a work around! And it is to turn the camera upside down because then the live face focus wont recognize your face. And in your streaming app, you flip the camera upside down so that the image is right side up in the stream. 

I hope this made sense

Going to try this - I hope it works!!!!

Alex19Cab
Apprentice

I have find out that if you use the AV out Diital instead of the mini HDMI you can have it with out the box, square AF.

Is there a cord I can use to go to my external monitor ????

For HDMI or AV?

For HDMI any mini-HDMI to HDMI should do. You need to by the AV cord (that plugs into the USB port) must be purchased from Canon

Announcements