cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i Live View Rotation

DSCLaura
Apprentice

Hi!

I am shooting with my T3i on a tripod with the lens facing straight down to film a video tutorial of detailed beaded jewelry. I got the T3i so I can flip the screen to the front so it faces the same way as the lens. The problem is I have to rotate it past the point where I can see it in order for it to auto rotate the screen so I am not viewing it upside down. So its screen is opened and rotated 180 to the subject matter but it is showing it upside down. I have to continue to rotate it to have the screen flip but it is too far past the point from where I am sitting. I hope you guys can understand that. Anyway, I would love to have the live view rotate at less of a degree or is there a way to flip it? I can add a pic later if it would help. 

Thanks

Laura

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi DSCLaura!

Welcome to the Canon Forum.

Normally, the LCD would face directly at you if you were looking at the back of the camera.  So that I may understand the issue better, please explain in more detail what you need to do to get the image to display correctly. 

Are you rotating the LCD forward or backward?

When the camera is pointing straight and level, does the LCD still show an upside-down image?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is the set up, I guess the easiest way to ask would be regardless of the camera and LCD position is there a way to flip the live view 180? I know if I tilt the LCD more towards to the work space table it will flip but then it is not easy to see from where I am sitting, it is then facing to far down.  I may just have to live with this? Thanks!

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpeg

image.jpeg

I added pictures so you can see my set up, thanks for responding and hopefully helping!

Lauraimage.jpegimage-2.jpegimage-1.jpg

Announcements