cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i / 600d LCD upside down

Goner
Contributor

I just got a T3i yesterday, everything else works fine but when the LCD screen is docked to the camera it's display is upside down? I have the auto rotate on but the screen never rotates when I flip the LCD Screen, the only way the screen is correct is when its pulled outward and flipped. Any solutions to this or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks guys.

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

That's a good one.  Try to reset the camera back to factory defaults.  Turn off auto-rotate, to see if that makes a difference. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

diverhank
Authority

The LCD can be physically flipped so it's no longer up side down...Just play with it a few times...you will get it.

Capture.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

When I do that & flip it towards me, the display on the monitor itself is upside down

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Auto Rotate only applies to vertical images. If Auto Rotate is OFF then a vertical image would appear in Landscape mode - larger on the LCD but 90 degrees rotated.

If you set the LCD perpendicualr to the camera and rotate it does the image shift as you rotate the LCD 180 degrees?

If not the camera needs to be repaired.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I think the camera might have to be repaired unfortunetely, because nothing rotates, the menu / info screen on the monitor is upside down when the Screen is docked on the camera facing me.

@Goner wrote:

I think the camera might have to be repaired unfortunetely, because nothing rotates, the menu / info screen on the monitor is upside down when the Screen is docked on the camera facing me.

Turn off the auto-rotate feature then physically rotate it until it is right side up.  I ran into this problem myself all the time...it is a true articulating screen...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements