Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

T2i SD Card Issue

Hi! So I have a T2i and it was working great for a while, but recently when I use active mode, and sometimes just the regular shooting mode, the image will appear as though it has saved to the SD card. When I go back to look at it though, a lot of the images that I had previously looked at or JUST taken, are gone. I have formatted the SD card, I've tried different brands of cards.... I am at a complete loss right now on what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

VIP

Re: T2i SD Card Issue

The T2i is a relatively older camera body.  You could be seeing signs of imminent failure.  Hopefully, what you have is a bad card.  A new memory card is dramatically cheaper than a camera body upgrade.  Buy a modest card in the 8 to 16 GB range, because that's probably the largest that was available when the camera was released.  Avoid buying a micro-SD card, with an adapter, at all costs.  Prospects for repairing that camera body are small, mainly due to a lack of spare parts and age.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@juliejuliejulie wrote:

Hi! So I have a T2i and it was working great for a while, but recently when I use active mode, and sometimes just the regular shooting mode, the image will appear as though it has saved to the SD card. When I go back to look at it though, a lot of the images that I had previously looked at or JUST taken, are gone. I have formatted the SD card, I've tried different brands of cards.... I am at a complete loss right now on what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Have you checked the card (on a computer) to make sure that some of the pictures weren't just put in a different folder?. That can happen if the card was used on a different computer, if the numbering system recycles to the beginning, or possibly for other reasons.

I think it's probably too soon to simply assume that the camera is failing. My wife used a T2i for several years (it's still her backup camera) and never had any issues. I think the problem, if any, is much more likely with the card.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
New Contributor

I have tried multiple cards, they all do the same thing.
New Contributor

I've gone through 3 or 4 different memory cards and get the same result each time. I think it's the camera at this point 😔