cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2i Can't Format Card

Brian-of-Whitby
Apprentice

I have used this card several times. I have copied the files to my computer succesfully. when I put the card back in the camera to format it, and turn the camera on, it says "No card in Camera" All my other cards work just fine. I can still read the card with my card reader.

How can I repair this card? Because the camera does not recognize there is a car in the slot, I cannot reformat the card in the camera.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

cicopo
Elite

Have you tried formatting it with your computer & card reader? If that doesn't work I'd recommend replacing it before you have important images on it & can't retrieve them. Cards aren't that expensive these days.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

Scrap the card or it will bite you later.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

Have you tried formatting it with your computer & card reader? If that doesn't work I'd recommend replacing it before you have important images on it & can't retrieve them. Cards aren't that expensive these days.

Thanks for the tip.  I tried that too with no results.

I then tried recovering the files with Recuva. That worked but it still did not correct the problem.

Scrap the card or it will bite you later.

I think you are correct. I got it primarily for using with continuous shooting (burst mode) but I dpon't do itr that often.

I have just found out that there is a life time warranty on from SanDisk on this card. That is of course if it is not a counterfeit card. However, I bought it from a reputable camera store so I think it is OK.
Announcements