cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Pro

mcummins
Contributor

Is there a canon connect for the surface 4 pro like there is for apple?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes it has a USB port and I got it to connect that way. Couldn't get it to connect wireless. But it does live view shots to the serface so it works now. Thank you

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@mcumminswrote:

Is there a canon connect for the surface 4 pro like there is for apple?

What are you looking, or trying, to do?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

control the camera from my surface and transfer pictures like my phone

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The Canon "Camera Connect" software is really for mobile devices such as iOS (iPhone & iPad) or Android phones & tablets.  This allows for image transfer as well as remote control of the camera.

For computers.... (Windows & Mac) you'd just use EOS Utility for image transfer & remote control of the camera.

I don't own a Surface... but I'm thinking that's just Windows 10, no?  If so then you should be able to install EOS Utility to do image transfers or remotely control the camera.  Does the Surface run a special version of Windows such that the normal Windows version of EOS Utility can't be used?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you for your responce. It's a full blown Windows 10 computer with the tablet capablities. I will load the EOS Uility and try it out.

Loadedthe EOS Uility and gave it a go, it wouldnt connect to the software on the Surface but it did on the Iphone. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Gave up for now.

@mcumminswrote:

Loadedthe EOS Uility and gave it a go, it wouldnt connect to the software on the Surface but it did on the Iphone. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Gave up for now.

If the attempted connection is via WiFi (and I suppose it probably is), make sure you know who is a client and who is an access point. Computers usually prefer to be clients; phones (at least in this context) often function as access points. Many cameras can be either one, but you have to tell the camera which it is.

WiFi is a relatively simple protocol, but it isn't trivial to set it up. When you wander even a little bit off the beaten path, it can call for more computer smarts than most photographers, even digital photographers, usually need.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you for that info I will give that a try

@mcumminswrote:

Not every Canon DSLR, like most entry level Rebels, is able to connect to a PC via Wi-Fi like that.  Does the Surface Pro have a USB port, or a card reader port?  Use that instead.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes it has a USB port and I got it to connect that way. Couldn't get it to connect wireless. But it does live view shots to the serface so it works now. Thank you

Announcements