cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squiggles show up on looking at photos on desktop computer

tranquility1112
Contributor

Hi---Another quick question....I had a T3i and mostly used the 55-250 telephoto lens, which is 3 1/2 years old.  I started noticing when I looked at my photos on my large desktop screen there was a darker "squiggle" always at the top left of the photo...I never noticed it until I looked at the pics on the desktop screen so not sure if it is a problem with the lens itself or the camera.  I have a 75-300 lens also but have not really checked yet to see if it shows up using a different lens.

It is "croppable" most of the time but not something I want to do and also want to make sure this is not a serious problem.

What could cause this?  If it IS the LENS, what is the solution?

Thank you very much for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much.  I appreciate that. 

Spoiler

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@tranquility1112 wrote:

Hi---Another quick question....I had a T3i and mostly used the 55-250 telephoto lens, which is 3 1/2 years old.  I started noticing when I looked at my photos on my large desktop screen there was a darker "squiggle" always at the top left of the photo...I never noticed it until I looked at the pics on the desktop screen so not sure if it is a problem with the lens itself or the camera.  I have a 75-300 lens also but have not really checked yet to see if it shows up using a different lens.

It is "croppable" most of the time but not something I want to do and also want to make sure this is not a serious problem.

What could cause this?  If it IS the LENS, what is the solution?

Thank you very much for any advice.

If it shows up with all lenses, especially when using a small aperture (high f/number) it is most likely a hair or fiber on the image sensor. 

And what is the solution to that? Something I can do or does the factory have to do that?

Get a rocket blower.

Sorry I am not a very "tech saavy" person---what is a rocket blower and how is that used? Is it something that when done could possibly cause any damage?

@tranquility1112 wrote:
Sorry I am not a very "tech saavy" person---what is a rocket blower and how is that used? Is it something that when done could possibly cause any damage?

Sent you a private message with a link to some sensor cleaning information.

Thank you very much.  I appreciate that. 

Spoiler

Announcements