cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software download needed?

m400
Apprentice

Hi, I am a newbie owner and this is my first post. I just bought a T6 bundle from Costco. Can someone tell me why I would need to download software? I have a SD chip reader on my computer so, I just transfer the pictures and video to my computer. Once I am on my computer,  I edit pics and import video into my video editing program. Is there a technical or system update reason to download this software? Is the Cannon software for organizing pics and video unique in some way? I can totally understand the reason for downloading the phone app, but I am not clear why software is needed to move the pictures to my computer. -- If there is existing advice or a FAQ available please send me the link. -- Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@m400 wrote:

Hi, I am a newbie owner and this is my first post. I just bought a T6 bundle from Costco. Can someone tell me why I would need to download software? I have a SD chip reader on my computer so, I just transfer the pictures and video to my computer. Once I am on my computer,  I edit pics and import video into my video editing program. Is there a technical or system update reason to download this software? Is the Cannon software for organizing pics and video unique in some way? I can totally understand the reason for downloading the phone app, but I am not clear why software is needed to move the pictures to my computer. -- If there is existing advice or a FAQ available please send me the link. -- Thanks.

Did you know that you can correct for distortion in the lens?  Download the software, install it, run it, and download the files for the lenses that you own.  Correction can be done in the camera, or in the computer.  

The most common type of correction is removing vignetting, which is the appearance of darkness on the edges of a photo.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...tell me why I would need to download software?"

You don'tneed it. Maybe that's why Canon doesn't include it with the camera anymore.  You don't need Word to write letter but you must admit it is nice to have the proper software.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements