cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, I use canon 650D and the autofocus is not working. What is the problem? and how to solve it?

MichelleAngela
Apprentice
I use EFS 18-55mm lens, probably if the autofocus not working because of the lens.
5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority
Every time this happens to me it is the result of the little AF/MF switch on the lens having been bumped in the camera bag and switched from Auto Focus AF to Manual focus MF.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Michelle,

Does it work sometimes or not al all?  It is common if it fails sometimes but there is a problem if it will never focus.

If you don't have enough contrast in your shot, even if it is properly lighted, it may not focus.  There is no issue here as that is just the limit of the cameras ability.

Go outside and try on a well lighted day and lots of vertical contrast lines.  Make sure the lens is on AF and the camera on P or the green square.  Does it AF now?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

It not work at all. i think my lens is broken. its AF now.Thank you anyway for the information.

Looks like you need a new lens, kido.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Remove the lens and reinstall it.  If it still doen't work check the contacts between the lens and body.  There are what are called pogo pins in the body.  If they are stuck then the electrical connection between the lens and body might be bad.  Be careful when doing this becasue the intenals of the camera will be exposed.  Try not to drop or get dirt in it.  You can check them by gently pressing on them.  They should depress the spring back up. 

One question, will the lens focus manually?  Just wondering.

Canon pogo pins.jpg

Announcements