cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single upload only! Help!

maryc
Contributor

I can only upload SINGLE photos, not multiples from the Canon Eos Rebel. Help! I get an error message saying I can't upload multiples from this device, but this is the only camera this has ever happened with. How do I fix it...it makes uploading photos the most painful.thing.imaginable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just try the simple simple way.  Buy a card reader anywhere (Walmart, target, Best Buy, etc) for under $20.00, or your laptop could even have one built in. 

Instead of wiring your camera to your computer and going through all this hassle making them talk to each other, just use the card reader. 

Take the SD card out of the camera, plug it into the card reader (which plugs into a USB on the computer). 

Create a file on the computer for photos. I then create a sub-folder for each card full naming it with year-first date and a subject (2016-03-17; Saint Patrick's parade).

Go to the "my computer" thingy-whatever they call it these days- and open one small window for your folder, and one small window for your card reader side by side. 

Highlight all the images in the card reader (shift-click) then simply drag and drop the images from the card reader over into the image folder. 

DONE.  Well, you will have to wait a few minutes as the files are copied, but hey. 

This is faster, because the data moves faster than by the transfer wire. It is so simple it is foolproof. It does not depend on your camera battery, so that is no longer an issue.  It helps you take control of where images are stored and how.  It makes no difference what camera model, nor what kind of computer or operating system, and it won't get fouled up when you change cameras or computers. 

If you want to upload images to websites you do it from your computer, not directly from the camera.  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, maryc!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (Windows or Mac OS X, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT) and Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET (7 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running Windows 10! thanks!

@maryc wrote:
I am running Windows 10! thanks!

It would help to have more detailed information about your scenario so that someone else can try to repoduce, and better understand, the issues that you are having.  Please provide as many details as you can.  For example, .....  ....  ....

What camera are you using?  When you say "upload", are you referring to uploading to the Canon Connect site, or to your "Windows 10" device?  Is your Windows 10 device a mobile device, a laptop, or 2-in-1 device that operates as either a tablet or a laptop?  If you have a 2-in-1 type of device, which mode of operation is it in, tablet mode or laptop mode?

Are you trying to connect directly to your Windows 10 device wirelessly, or via USB?  If you are connecting wirelessly, are you connecting through a wireless access point, such as a network router, or directly between camera and your Windows 10 device?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Okay, so I am trying to upload photos from my Eos Rebel to my Sony Laptop that runs Windows 10. I am connecting using a USB cord. I can upload photos one at a time. But any time I try and upload multiple image files from my camera to my laptop / facebook / shutterfly site etc I get a message saying I can only upload SINGLE images from this device (my Rebel). This message also came up when I tried to use a library computer (desktop) so I think it is related to a setting on my camera that I can't figure out!

Just try the simple simple way.  Buy a card reader anywhere (Walmart, target, Best Buy, etc) for under $20.00, or your laptop could even have one built in. 

Instead of wiring your camera to your computer and going through all this hassle making them talk to each other, just use the card reader. 

Take the SD card out of the camera, plug it into the card reader (which plugs into a USB on the computer). 

Create a file on the computer for photos. I then create a sub-folder for each card full naming it with year-first date and a subject (2016-03-17; Saint Patrick's parade).

Go to the "my computer" thingy-whatever they call it these days- and open one small window for your folder, and one small window for your card reader side by side. 

Highlight all the images in the card reader (shift-click) then simply drag and drop the images from the card reader over into the image folder. 

DONE.  Well, you will have to wait a few minutes as the files are copied, but hey. 

This is faster, because the data moves faster than by the transfer wire. It is so simple it is foolproof. It does not depend on your camera battery, so that is no longer an issue.  It helps you take control of where images are stored and how.  It makes no difference what camera model, nor what kind of computer or operating system, and it won't get fouled up when you change cameras or computers. 

If you want to upload images to websites you do it from your computer, not directly from the camera.  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks!

You need to be more specific. 

If you could tell us what model camera you are using, then someone might be able to better help you.  "Rebel" is not the name of a camera model.  It is the name of a product line of cameras, one which has a had dozens of cameras released over the years.  Different camera models have different internal settings and menus.  There are settings in some that allow you to restrict, or define, which files get transferred to an external device, like your laptop

I believe that offering assistance with third party web services, such as Facebook, is beyond the scope of these forums.  We can hope to assist you with simply transferring pictures between your camera and a laptop computer.  But, you need to be as specific and detailed as you can when describing your scenario as much as possible.  Every detail helps.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, here are the model details: Canon EOS Rebel T5i 18.0 MP CMOS Digital Camera Digital SLR Camera

I'm sorry if you think I need help uploading photos online, that isn't the problem. It is just that with this specific camera I seem to get a message saying that uploading more than one photo is not possible with this camera. It seems that I may just need a card reader so I'm not uploading through a USB cord, but if you know of any settings I can change just let me know.

Announcements