cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma 17-70 2.8 Issue with T6S - No Liveview or Video on LCD

stilgar99
Apprentice

Folks,

I need some help. I just got a T6S and my Sigma 17-70 2.4 works fine except when I want liveview of try to use video mode. Neither will display anything on the LCD. The lens works fine on my T5i body, including liveview and video. My other lenses seems to work fine on both my T6s and T5i for Liveview...

Any ideas or help?

Stilgar99

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Google is your friend.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=514

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Google is your friend.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=514

Good catch.  I see two paths to a solution.  Sending the lens to Sigma, at an unknown cost.  Don't forget about shipping costs and insurance, either. 

Or, purchase a Sigma Dock and do the firmware update yourself.  BTW, the Sigma Dock will do the firmware update pretty much automatically for you.   You just need to click OK, after the software finishes checking your lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"Sending the lens to Sigma, at an unknown cost."

Maybe, than maybe not!  Sigma's CS is not Canon's customer service!  Not by  a long shot.  They are getting better.  It is generally an unknown. Period.  They may do the firmware update for free and sometimes they won't.  It might take three days and it might take three months.  A call first or email is better.  And the Sigma dock is best.

One thing that really galls me is when guys rank on Canon's CS and have no idea just how good it is compared to any other camera/lens maker.  Even Nikon!  None are in the same class as Canon when customer service is concerned. Sorry, had to get that rant out.  I'm OK now, more coffee, please.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Repeat,

" And the Sigma dock is best."  This would have settled it a long time ago!

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Maybe, than maybe not!  Sigma's CS is not Canon's customer service!  Not by  a long shot.  They are getting better.  It is generally an unknown. Period.  They may do the firmware update for free and sometimes they won't.  It might take three days and it might take three months.  A call first or email is better.  And the Sigma dock is best.

One thing that really galls me is when guys rank on Canon's CS and have no idea just how good it is compared to any other camera/lens maker.  Even Nikon!  None are in the same class as Canon when customer service is concerned. Sorry, had to get that rant out.  I'm OK now, more coffee, please.

The notice that John unearthed does say that they'll provide the update for free. But that may apply only if you have the dock.

And the underlying point is valid: When you buy a lens from a 3rd-party vendor that has no arrangement with Canon to obtain the relevant specs, you'll have problems if they get it wrong. (You probably won't find that caveat in their advertising, BTW.)

That said, I suppose the user community benefits from Canon having the competition.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA

I admit Sigma and Tamron have gotten better recently with CS.  I suppose they had to since both offer multi-year warranties now. When they did so I thought, "good luck with that".  Sigma changed hands and the new guy has made a big difference. He started the Art series.  I have talked with the Tamron rep and he told me Tamron was trying to improve its CS, too.

We'll see as time will tell.  I would still buy the dock! Smiley Happy

EB

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

The notice that John unearthed does say that they'll provide the update for free. But that may apply only if you have the dock.

And the underlying point is valid: When you buy a lens from a 3rd-party vendor that has no arrangement with Canon to obtain the relevant specs, you'll have problems if they get it wrong. (You probably won't find that caveat in their advertising, BTW.)

That said, I suppose the user community benefits from Canon having the competition.

Even if Sigma does fix it for free, does that include shipping the lens [to and from] and insurance both ways?  If so, that would be awfully generous of them, even if it is a bug in their firmware. 

Buying a Sigma Dock is probably the least costly, lowest risk thing to do.  It costs less than the shipping from most U.S. locations, and most reputable vendors will ship it to you for free by the 2nd or 3rd day.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"Even if Sigma does fix it for free, does that include shipping the lens [to and from] and insurance both ways?"

They didn't used to.  I doubt they have changed that.

EB

Hi all,

I know it a old thread but i have exactly the same problem.  Beside buy sigma dock, do we have any other choice?  I really don't want to spend another $60, that i only use once times 🙂

Many Thanks,

Dan

Nope, it is a lens firmware issue.

The other option is to get rid of the lens.

Hi,

I bought sigma dock, download SIGMA Optimization Pro. When I connected USB i got the following message "The connected lens is not compatible with SIGMA Optimization Pro"

please help

Thanks

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements