cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma 17-70 2.8 Issue with T6S - No Liveview or Video on LCD

stilgar99
Apprentice

Folks,

I need some help. I just got a T6S and my Sigma 17-70 2.4 works fine except when I want liveview of try to use video mode. Neither will display anything on the LCD. The lens works fine on my T5i body, including liveview and video. My other lenses seems to work fine on both my T6s and T5i for Liveview...

Any ideas or help?

Stilgar99

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Google is your friend.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=514

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

Yes 🙂

It sounds like, at least from your experience, that Sigma is getting better CS. Smiley Happy  Of course it wasn't very good at all a while back so the only thing they could do was make it better.Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

albertj358
Contributor

I realize I'm replying to an old thread, but Sigma released a new firmware update recently for this lens, which I just updated using the USB dock.

As an FYI --- I have a T6s and this lens works well with it, with the exception of not making the lens serial number available to the camera. Both the camera lens menu, and the EXIF data show the serial number as "0000000000". This becomes a small issue when using Adobe Lighroom, in that you need to manually select the lens model in LR before it will apply lens corrections. 😕

Albert

@albertj358 wrote:

I realize I'm replying to an old thread, but Sigma released a new firmware update recently for this lens, which I just updated using the USB dock.

As an FYI --- I have a T6s and this lens works well with it, with the exception of not making the lens serial number available to the camera. Both the camera lens menu, and the EXIF data show the serial number as "0000000000". This becomes a small issue when using Adobe Lighroom, in that you need to manually select the lens model in LR before it will apply lens corrections. 😕

Albert

Create and use a Lightroom Preset  during Imports.

I have a couple of fully manual lenses, which do not write any EXIF lens data.  I use a Lightroom preset during Import to apply lens correction.  I have separate presets for each manual lens.  Even without a preset, it is easy to correct one photo, and then apply the correction to the rest of your imported photos.

It is such a small issue that it is almost not worth complaining about.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

> "It is such a small issue that it is almost not worth complaining about."

Yup, which is why I haven't bothered doing anything about it.

> "Create and use a Lightroom Preset  during Imports."

I'll have to experiment with this. Along with the Canon T6s / Sigma 17-70 images, I also import a large number of scans from a Canon 9000F MkII scanner, where I can't even identify a camera, let alone a lens. 🙂

@albertj358 wrote:

> "It is such a small issue that it is almost not worth complaining about."

Yup, which is why I haven't bothered doing anything about it.

> "Create and use a Lightroom Preset  during Imports."

I'll have to experiment with this. Along with the Canon T6s / Sigma 17-70 images, I also import a large number of scans from a Canon 9000F MkII scanner, where I can't even identify a camera, let alone a lens. 🙂

I have created different presets for each of my fully manual lenses.  In fact, I use a preset for all of my Imports just to apply a lens correction to all of the imported images.  Lightroom does not apply any lens correction, not by default AFAIK. 

LR_Import_Presets.JPG

You have to pick a preset on the right side of the window, above the CANCEL button..

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements