Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Sigma 17-70 2.8 Issue with T6S - No Liveview or Video on LCD

@webgames247 wrote:

Hi,

I bought sigma dock, download SIGMA Optimization Pro. When I connected USB i got the following message "The connected lens is not compatible with SIGMA Optimization Pro"

please help

Thanks

Contact Sigma.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:

@webgames247 wrote:

Hi,

I bought sigma dock, download SIGMA Optimization Pro. When I connected USB i got the following message "The connected lens is not compatible with SIGMA Optimization Pro"

please help

Thanks

Contact Sigma.

And if necessary, remind them of that article that John Hoffman turned up wherein they promise to fix the problem for free.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I try google to find a link of the article and i can't find it. can you please give me a link so i can include in the order. Does anyone know much is cost and how long does it take?

Also I bought off ebay and i don't have a warranty card.  I still send it anyway? the seller said he height bought either from  B&H Photo or Adorama

Esteemed Contributor

@webgames247 wrote:

I try google to find a link of the article and i can't find it. can you please give me a link so i can include in the order. Does anyone know much is cost and how long does it take?

Also I bought off ebay and i don't have a warranty card.  I still send it anyway? the seller said he height bought either from  B&H Photo or Adorama

The link is in an earlier article in this thread.

Bob
VIP

""The connected lens is not compatible with SIGMA Optimization Pro""

Perhaps I spoke too quickly as this is a DX lens.  It may not be compatible with the dock. Not all Sigma lenses are.  I don't use DX lenses anymore so I am truly sorry for making an erroneous suggestion if it isn't compatible. Can you return the dock if it doesn't work?

Your only other option is to contact Sigma.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
VIP

[ Edited ]

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Perhaps I spoke too quickly as this is a DX lens.  It may not be compatible with the dock. Not all Sigma lenses are.  I don't use DX lenses anymore so I am truly sorry for making an erroneous suggestion if it isn't compatible. Can you return the dock if it doesn't work?

B&H advertises the Canon version of the lens as being compatible with Sigma USB Dock. 

Maybe he had a bad connection with the lens?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

B&H advertises the Canon version of the lens as being compatible with Sigma USB Dock. 

Maybe he had a bad connection with the lens?

Or maybe the software isn't at the latest rev. Note that the message said the lens is incompatible with the software, not with the dock.

Bob
Occasional Contributor

@ebiggs1 bought the docks through amazon prime, i don't think i have problem with return.

Just shipped the lens few minutes ago, since i am from NY should take long. I will update

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

updated: shipped the lens to Sigma on (9/21/2016) and received the lens back today (9/27/2016) with firmware update. Sigma didnt billed me anything, even overnight shipping from Sigma.

What I did is print out the article from "jrhoffman75"  and included in the shipping. Here is an article http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=514

Thank You all..

BTW: my lens is EX 70-200mm f/2.8 APO HSM DG Lens NOT 17-70Smiley Happy oh God, i need to get my eyes checked... lol

Esteemed Contributor

Well, did it fix the issue?