cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma 17-70 2.8 Issue with T6S - No Liveview or Video on LCD

stilgar99
Apprentice

Folks,

I need some help. I just got a T6S and my Sigma 17-70 2.4 works fine except when I want liveview of try to use video mode. Neither will display anything on the LCD. The lens works fine on my T5i body, including liveview and video. My other lenses seems to work fine on both my T6s and T5i for Liveview...

Any ideas or help?

Stilgar99

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Google is your friend.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=514

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

@webgames247 wrote:

Hi,

I bought sigma dock, download SIGMA Optimization Pro. When I connected USB i got the following message "The connected lens is not compatible with SIGMA Optimization Pro"

please help

Thanks

Contact Sigma.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@webgames247 wrote:

Hi,

I bought sigma dock, download SIGMA Optimization Pro. When I connected USB i got the following message "The connected lens is not compatible with SIGMA Optimization Pro"

please help

Thanks

Contact Sigma.

And if necessary, remind them of that article that John Hoffman turned up wherein they promise to fix the problem for free.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I try google to find a link of the article and i can't find it. can you please give me a link so i can include in the order. Does anyone know much is cost and how long does it take?

Also I bought off ebay and i don't have a warranty card.  I still send it anyway? the seller said he height bought either from  B&H Photo or Adorama

@webgames247 wrote:

I try google to find a link of the article and i can't find it. can you please give me a link so i can include in the order. Does anyone know much is cost and how long does it take?

Also I bought off ebay and i don't have a warranty card.  I still send it anyway? the seller said he height bought either from  B&H Photo or Adorama

The link is in an earlier article in this thread.

Bob

""The connected lens is not compatible with SIGMA Optimization Pro""

Perhaps I spoke too quickly as this is a DX lens.  It may not be compatible with the dock. Not all Sigma lenses are.  I don't use DX lenses anymore so I am truly sorry for making an erroneous suggestion if it isn't compatible. Can you return the dock if it doesn't work?

Your only other option is to contact Sigma.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Perhaps I spoke too quickly as this is a DX lens.  It may not be compatible with the dock. Not all Sigma lenses are.  I don't use DX lenses anymore so I am truly sorry for making an erroneous suggestion if it isn't compatible. Can you return the dock if it doesn't work?

B&H advertises the Canon version of the lens as being compatible with Sigma USB Dock. 

Maybe he had a bad connection with the lens?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

B&H advertises the Canon version of the lens as being compatible with Sigma USB Dock. 

Maybe he had a bad connection with the lens?

Or maybe the software isn't at the latest rev. Note that the message said the lens is incompatible with the software, not with the dock.

Bob

@ebiggs1 bought the docks through amazon prime, i don't think i have problem with return.

Just shipped the lens few minutes ago, since i am from NY should take long. I will update

Thanks everyone 🙂

updated: shipped the lens to Sigma on (9/21/2016) and received the lens back today (9/27/2016) with firmware update. Sigma didnt billed me anything, even overnight shipping from Sigma.

What I did is print out the article from "jrhoffman75"  and included in the shipping. Here is an article http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=514

Thank You all..

BTW: my lens is EX 70-200mm f/2.8 APO HSM DG Lens NOT 17-70:) oh God, i need to get my eyes checked... lol

Well, did it fix the issue?

Announcements