cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuttercount

kbelle
Apprentice

Hey everyone! 

I am in the midst of selling my Rebel XTi, and was wondering if anyone knew of any tools online to be able to figure out the shuttercount? I have been searching online for free tools, and haven't found anything that supports this model. (also d/led Shuttercount and EOS Inspector on my Mac, both didnt work).

If anyone has any ideas, that would be MUCH appreciated!

Thank you Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Canon doesn't make this obvious.  Nikon embeds the shutter count in each image (you look at the last image you took).  But Canon doeesn't do that -- nor do they display it in camera -- nor do they include any utilities that can view it.

The info is maintained by the camera, but Canon doesn't make it easy to access.

Complicating this is that you have an XTi -- support for retrieving this from more recent cameras is easy to find (I can think of numerous utilities that do it), but almost nothing supports anything as old as an XTi.

The XTi has a DIGIC II processor and virtually every shutter-count reading utility that I can find all support cameras as long as they have DIGIC III or later.  

I have never found anything that can display this for an XTi / 400D short of "send the camera into Canon service as ask them to read the shutter count".

Good luck in your search.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I figured this was the case!

Thank you so much for the info! Smiley Happy

Just a thought, but the XTi may be worth more to you as a back-up cameras as it will be on the open market.

As an example I gave my last XTi away.  Sorry, but times and cameras change.  I have a 1D, the original, an it is nearly worthless, too.  And it was many thousands of dollars in the year 2000. Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the input, but there are people out there still buying this model. Probably for the cheap price tag!

hsbn
Whiz
If you cannot find it, just be honest when selling and say that you don't know. You can give buyers approx. shutter count.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
Announcements