cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter speeds in video mode

erokc
Contributor

I just read the T3i cannot autofocus in video mode, true?

On T5i can the shutter speed be set when taking video?  Sometimes I need fast shutter so fast moving objects are not blurred.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mykolas
Authority

Hi erokc!

Thank you for posting.

The EOS Rebel T3i can autofocus, but it works the same as when you are shooting still images.  You need to activate autofocus every time you want the camera to focus the lens and before you start recording.  Continuous autofocus is not possible.

When shooting movies in manual on the EOS Rebel T5i, the shutter speed, aperture and ISO can be set manually.

This didn't answer your questions? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

After spending the required time studing the specs and asking questions I deceded spend more money and buy the T5i.  I just received David Busch's book on the T5i.  I took it to bed last night and read until my eyes closed. 

I previously made a few shots and a couple of videos.  Very pleased so far.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi erokc!

Thank you for posting.

The EOS Rebel T3i can autofocus, but it works the same as when you are shooting still images.  You need to activate autofocus every time you want the camera to focus the lens and before you start recording.  Continuous autofocus is not possible.

When shooting movies in manual on the EOS Rebel T5i, the shutter speed, aperture and ISO can be set manually.

This didn't answer your questions? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After spending the required time studing the specs and asking questions I deceded spend more money and buy the T5i.  I just received David Busch's book on the T5i.  I took it to bed last night and read until my eyes closed. 

I previously made a few shots and a couple of videos.  Very pleased so far.

Announcements