cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I have recieved a full instruction manual with my new camera.

petey303
Contributor

Canon 800d purchased , have the quick start manual but no full user manual. Have canon stopped includeing it in the box ?

Have downloaded the pdf document but rather have the actual book. 

12 REPLIES 12

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

"Have you considered just how large a printed copy of the full manual would be? How much it would cost to print? How much bigger and heavier the box would be? "

Actually, given the small footprint of the full manual, I don't think including one would change the size of the packaging.

But, there is a cost, real and environmental, and that is the way the world is going. I support that.

All you need to do is spend some time on this forum and you will see that folks don't read the manual anyway 🙂

I download the PDF version to my iPad and iPhone. Instantly available and no internet conection required.

For example, the full manual for the 80D is 508 pages.  That is the size of a very hefty paperback novel.  It would be close to the size of the actual camera itself.  I would think that packing a “second camera” into the box would require a bigger box.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The standard footprint for every manual in my cameras since the 1D Mark II is 4.25x5.5xpages thick. 1D X is about 1 inch thick. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

The standard footprint for every manual in my cameras since the 1D Mark II is 4.25x5.5xpages thick. 1D X is about 1 inch thick. 

Okay, I guess.  That aspect ratio seems a little too square to me, and a little to thin for a 500+ page paperback book.  My iPad does not make it easy to figure out how large PDF pages should be.  

In either case, adding that much size and weight to a camera should still require a bigger box, IMHO.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements