cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping for high quality zoom lens for T6

nickroxx
Apprentice
What kind of zoom lens should I get for T6 for taking 1) red carpet photos and celebrity photos in Hollywood (day/night); 2) taking couple and wedding photos @ weddings & @ Niagara Falls, Ont.?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@nickroxx wrote:
@What kind of zoom lens should I get for T6 for taking 1) red carpet photos and celebrity photos in Hollywood (day/night); 2) taking couple and wedding photos @ weddings & @ Niagara Falls, Ont.?

Your requirements are pretty diverse, so you'll probably need more than one. But the one you shouldn't be without is the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. That advice is subject to change if you tell us what lenses you already have. But if you're starting from scratch, the 17-55 is the first lens to buy for a T6.

And buy an external flash. The 17-55 is too big to use with a built-in flash. It will cast a shadow in the field of view.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

nickroxx
Apprentice
Thanx.. yes.. have an external flash...and lens shade cover?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@nickroxx wrote:
@What kind of zoom lens should I get for T6 for taking 1) red carpet photos and celebrity photos in Hollywood (day/night); 2) taking couple and wedding photos @ weddings & @ Niagara Falls, Ont.?

Your requirements are pretty diverse, so you'll probably need more than one. But the one you shouldn't be without is the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. That advice is subject to change if you tell us what lenses you already have. But if you're starting from scratch, the 17-55 is the first lens to buy for a T6.

And buy an external flash. The 17-55 is too big to use with a built-in flash. It will cast a shadow in the field of view.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

nickroxx
Apprentice
Thanx.. yes.. have an external flash...and lens shade cover?
Announcements