cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoot setting screen T4i/650D

gsspike
Apprentice

I'm having an issue with the shoot settings screen.  That screen only flashes once when the camera is turned on.  The ISO setting screen, AV, Q, WB, AF, etc... don't come up either.  Menu, picture review screen and Info screens do come up.  I can still bring up the live view screen.  First time it happened was around the firmware update was released.  When I updated to 1.0.4 the problem seemed to correct it self.  This morning it started again while just taking snap shots.  I re-installed 1.0.4 twice but no luck this time.  

What am I doing wrong all of a sudden.  Both times I was using the Kit 18-135 lens but changing lenses makes no differance.   Using the EOS software I can see the screen on my Macbook.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The rear screen has several options for what you'd like to display on it.  One of the options is for the display to remain dark.  Since it will display when you press the 'Q' button, I suspect you've simply got it in the mode where it normally remains dark.

You can cycle through the options for the rear-display by repeatedly pressing the "Info" button on the rear of the camera (upper left area -- just left of the viewfinder and above the LCD screen.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

gsspike
Apprentice

Ok update,  when I hit the Q button just before taking a picture the screen will come up for that one photo.  After that you have to hit the Q button anytime you take a picture.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The rear screen has several options for what you'd like to display on it.  One of the options is for the display to remain dark.  Since it will display when you press the 'Q' button, I suspect you've simply got it in the mode where it normally remains dark.

You can cycle through the options for the rear-display by repeatedly pressing the "Info" button on the rear of the camera (upper left area -- just left of the viewfinder and above the LCD screen.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I think that did it.  It's weird that keeps happening.

Announcements