cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Senior Pictures

osman9501
Apprentice

Hi...I thought I may try to take my daughters Senior pictures. I have only had this camera a few months. I am still trying to learn how to use it. I feel lost! Thanks for all your help!

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

You'll need to supply a lot more info to get decent suggestions.

Camera model, lenses available, indoors or outdoors & how well the lighting will be, distance to subject, available flash other than the built in one. and maybe more. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Skirball
Authority

By the sounds of it you're new to photography, or at least SLRs (and I'll assume lighting).  I'm not going to say you can't produce great quality portraits, but give photographers some credit...  it takes more than just a nice camera to take a great portrait.

If you've never done off-camera lighting before, then you're not going to get that figured out in time for these photos.  So if you're using available light you're at the mercy of the sun, which is much less flexible.    I would research "natural light photography", there's a ton of info on it.  And I'd buy a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens (assuming you only have the kit lens).  Then I'd shoot, shoot, shoot as much as I could to start figuring things out.

Or, I'd just pay a professional that knows what he's doing.

Announcements