cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking advices for using non-Canon vintage lenses on T6s.

Dianoban
Enthusiast

I have many vintage primes of 4 brands.  I would like to have some of them, 85mm f1.4 & 90mm f2.8 micro, mounted on T6s.

It was said ten years ago that it was impossible for such combinations because of the mirror.  How about it today?   Anyone has successful experiences? 

Thank you.

Dianoban

14 REPLIES 14

If you get the adapters to fit on an EOS lens mount, just make sure that it doesn't protrude into the body of the camera.

@kvbarkley wrote:

If you get the adapters to fit on an EOS lens mount, just make sure that it doesn't protrude into the body of the camera.

Thank you.

I have decided not to go for it.  The reason is that I do not think the adapters can provide FAST & PRESICE focus.

Appreciate.

Dianoban

DigitalByDesign
Contributor
I own Fotodiox brand mount converters for Canon FD to Canon EF and Pentax K to Canon EF. I use my old glass just fine on my T7. The limitations are manual focus that has to be eyeballed as there's no split image focusing screen (live view doesn't seem sharp enough either to me) and the aperture must be manually set. Such manual setting requires the stopping down of the lens before you take the photo which means you reduce your light in the viewfinder with each f-stop. Even with these negatives, when I use my old film lenses on a new digital body, its a great feeling to merge two technology eras. Fotodiox has several conversion options so long as you don't need to use old Minolta lenses on a Canon EF mount. They list it as a possibility, but they don't have it in stock. The first few times you attach the adaptor to the vintage lens and then remove it feels frustrating until you get accustomed to the process. The adaptors I use are smooth as silk to put on my T7 body. I hope this helps. I find the process to be a fun way to make photos that no amount of post-processing can match because each lens has a personality.
Still have - AT-1, AE-1 Program, Rebel II; Kalimar K-90/1000 Pentax clone
Rebel T7 gifted to me - A reminder to *always* examine a new camera in person, not trust reviews and reviewers (Deleting the center hotshoe contact? Really?)
Fotodiox lens adaptors for Canon FD and Pentax K to EOS EF mounts.
Former film fanatic, digital by design now as I rekindle my love of photography

" I find the process to be a fun way to make photos that no amount of post-processing can match because each lens has a personality."

Yeah, I have two  Fotodiox lens adaptors for Canon FD. One is here right in front of me on my computer desk on my FD 300mm f4L lens.  It is the last FD lens I was playing around with. Perhaps you could share some of your photos that you think show some "personality" with no image processing. That way we can know exactly what you mean.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@DigitalByDesign wrote:
I own Fotodiox brand mount converters for Canon FD to Canon EF and Pentax K to Canon EF. I use my old glass just fine on my T7. The limitations are manual focus that has to be eyeballed as there's no split image focusing screen (live view doesn't seem sharp enough either to me) and the aperture must be manually set. Such manual setting requires the stopping down of the lens before you take the photo which means you reduce your light in the viewfinder with each f-stop. Even with these negatives, when I use my old film lenses on a new digital body, its a great feeling to merge two technology eras. Fotodiox has several conversion options so long as you don't need to use old Minolta lenses on a Canon EF mount. They list it as a possibility, but they don't have it in stock. The first few times you attach the adaptor to the vintage lens and then remove it feels frustrating until you get accustomed to the process. The adaptors I use are smooth as silk to put on my T7 body. I hope this helps. I find the process to be a fun way to make photos that no amount of post-processing can match because each lens has a personality.

Thank you.

I too have a few Canon FD and Minolta MD lenses, but do want to mount any on of them on T6s. Maybe the 50mm f1.4 lenses if there is a need. The lenses I plan to mount on T6S with adaptors are a 85mm f1.4 & 55mm f1.2 & 90mm f2.5. Wish that I could use these lenses on T6s for shooting portraits, a sort of street shooting, fast and presice focus.

Have just leant that the adaptors with focusing signal can provide focus, but the focus is of acceptable, not always sharp. That is not what I need.

Appreciate.
Dianoban

Announcements