cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Shot on EOS Rebel T5

Jshscuba
Apprentice

So this may be all my fault.  I was getting reaquainted with my Canon Rebel.  This model has both the eye piece and screen.  I was switching back and forth between using the eye piece and the screen.  A white box appeared on the scree and simultaneous the shutter would not work when in screen mode.  It works fine when using the eye piece.  Is there something in the settings I can do to rectify this problem. Eliminate the box on the screen and allow photos to be taken when in screen mode?  Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Does it happen in green square mode?

Try setting the camera to itsdefaults

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Jshscuba wrote:

So this may be all my fault.  I was getting reaquainted with my Canon Rebel.  This model has both the eye piece and screen.  I was switching back and forth between using the eye piece and the screen.  A white box appeared on the scree and simultaneous the shutter would not work when in screen mode.  It works fine when using the eye piece.  Is there something in the settings I can do to rectify this problem. Eliminate the box on the screen and allow photos to be taken when in screen mode?  Thanks for any help.

Is the white box possibly the focus point indicator.  Set the box over a subject and half-press the shutter button. Does it turn green and then an image is captured?

Screenshot 2021-08-16 143112.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for the very helpful suggestion.  I appreciate the step by step method.

Announcements