cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T100 Saving Zoomed Photos

Kalebmc07
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T100
I’m trying to find if there’s a way to save in a zoomed in photo on the canon.
For example, when I open the camera roll and use the zoom feature it displays a high quality zoomed in photo, on my computer when I zoom in it has bad quality. So is there a way to zoom in using the + on the camera then saving it and exporting it onto a computer?

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, you have to use the cropping feature of your image processing software.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

@Kalebmc07 wrote:
I have a Canon EOS Rebel T100
I’m trying to find if there’s a way to save in a zoomed in photo on the canon.
For example, when I open the camera roll and use the zoom feature it displays a high quality zoomed in photo, on my computer when I zoom in it has bad quality. So is there a way to zoom in using the + on the camera then saving it and exporting it onto a computer?

The screen on your camera is very small and with relatively low resolution.  Consequently, images magnified in the camera's LCD may appear better than they will on a higher resolution and much larger device like a computer screen or even a decent TV.   When you zoom in using the method you describe, you are magnifying the pixels that make up the image, so the more you magnify, the more pixelated: or if you will, poor quality, the image will appear.  This is called digital magnification.

If you want to get your images larger, then basically you need to get a lot closer to your subject, or you need to use a camera lens that will make the image larger within the sensor to begin with -  get a lens with a longer focal length.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements