cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Images failures

edroutman
Apprentice

Yesterday, all of sudden the camera has stopped saving pictures correctly.  Looking through the viewfinder or back screen, image looks fine.  As soon as you take a picture you get the following.  This is the image that shows up on the back screen and on the SD card

IMG_5446.JPG

Any ideas of what may be causing this?  On vacation and would really like to be using the camera.

4 REPLIES 4

@edroutmanwrote:

Yesterday, all of sudden the camera has stopped saving pictures correctly.  Looking through the viewfinder or back screen, image looks fine.  As soon as you take a picture you get the following.  This is the image that shows up on the back screen and on the SD card

IMG_5446.JPG

Any ideas of what may be causing this?  On vacation and would really like to be using the camera.

Looks like a failure either of the card or of the circuitry that writes the card. What model of camera is this? Have you tried a different card?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Try another memory card & format it in camera before testing things. If it's not the memory card you may be in trouble.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

JonKline
Enthusiast

Here's the first steps I take when things go wrong with a Canon camera.

Take out the battery and the memory card.

Install a charged Canon battery (not third party)

Turn mode knob to P

Turn on the camera

Reset to default settings (see manual)

If you can give us more information, like the model of the camera, what settings you're using, what solutions you've tried, that will help a lot. 🙂

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Any ideas of what may be causing this?"

Get a new high quality SD card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements