cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL3 / 250D - Labeled differently

deflint
Apprentice

I am shopping for a EOS Rebel SL3. From what I have read this camera is also known as the EOS 250D.

There are some for sale on eBay and are labeled on the front of the camera as EOS 250D.

Most that I have seen online are labeled as EOS Rebel SL3.  I'm assuming there is no difference but I am wondering why some are labeled EOS 250D and other are labeled EOS Rebel SL3 on the front of the camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"I am uncertain if Canon USA repairs 250D cameras, ..."

This would certainly be true if warranty work is involved. Canon is way more forgiving than I would be with gear not sold by Canon USA but they might repair at customers expense.

Why risk it?  Don't shop grey market. That is where the 250D cameras come from.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Wikipedia Canon EOS Rebel SL3 / 250D / 200D II / Kiss 10 

"The Canon EOS 250D is a 24.1 megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera (DSLR) made by Canon. It was announced on 10 April 2019 with a suggested retail price of 549. It is also known as the EOS Kiss X10 in Japan and the EOS Rebel SL3 in North America and the EOS 200D Mark II in Australia.

It is the same camera. Canon uses different names for it depending on the market it is sold in.  Canon has been doing this for many years. 

Mike Sowsun

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@deflint wrote:

I am shopping for a EOS Rebel SL3. From what I have read this camera is also known as the EOS 250D.

There are some for sale on eBay and are labeled on the front of the camera as EOS 250D.

Most that I have seen online are labeled as EOS Rebel SL3.  I'm assuming there is no difference but I am wondering why some are labeled EOS 250D and other are labeled EOS Rebel SL3 on the front of the camera.

Some of them may have different default behaviors.  For example, resetting the US version may reset video to NTSC, while other versions, 250D, may reset video to PAL.  There is the question of Wi-Fi operating frequencies.  Not all countries use the same frequency bands for Wi-Fi.  There are also differences with the type of battery charger that you may get with the cameras.  

Finally, there is the question of getting it repaired.  I am uncertain if Canon USA repairs 250D cameras, and may only repair the SL3 models.  I would check with them before purchasing an international version.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"I am uncertain if Canon USA repairs 250D cameras, ..."

This would certainly be true if warranty work is involved. Canon is way more forgiving than I would be with gear not sold by Canon USA but they might repair at customers expense.

Why risk it?  Don't shop grey market. That is where the 250D cameras come from.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I agree. It’s not worth the risk if it is a Grey Market model.

Thanks!

Announcements