cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL2 Geolocation Info

wchettel
Enthusiast

The SL2 does not have built-in GPS, so, I have to use the Camera Connect app on my Android to feed the GPS data to my SL2 when I'm shooting pics. My SL2 automatically connects via Bluetooth IF the Camera Connect app is running on my Pixel 3 XL. But, sometimes I forget to start the Camera Connect app.

I can get accurate GPS coordinates for the location from a few different sources. Is there a way to add the GPS coordinates to the JPG file AFTER the picture is taken?

Thanks for your help!

--
Walter
in Davie, FL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I thought there might be a way to do this with the Canon software or app. I'm on Windows. So, I googled as you suggested and found a free program named GeoSetter. I just used it to fix or set the geotags on about 140 JPGs. It works great! I can copy geotags from one photo and paste it into other selected photos. It's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for your tip!

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

All kinds of ways. google geotagging for your platform. If you are on a Mac HoudahGeo works well with Photos.

I thought there might be a way to do this with the Canon software or app. I'm on Windows. So, I googled as you suggested and found a free program named GeoSetter. I just used it to fix or set the geotags on about 140 JPGs. It works great! I can copy geotags from one photo and paste it into other selected photos. It's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for your tip!

--
Walter
in Davie, FL
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements