cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL2 External Mic and Internal Mic

thediceyreview
Apprentice

Is there anyway to disable the internal mic of the Rebel SL2 and just use an external source? I have the external source that sounds very good but all my files are getting bleed from the internal mics and it sounds not so great. I've tried looking through the manual but it says they both record at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The manual is unclear, it says the external mic has "priority", which I take to mean that it urns off the internal mic and uses the external. You might have to call Canon to straighten it out.

thediceyreview
Apprentice
Yes I thought it was a bit unclear as well. I noticed drastically different sound qualities depending on where I stood. That’s why I thought the internal mics were still going. I’m planning on testing with the manual mode and get the levels right so that hopefully the external is louder but we’ll see.

Tim
Authority

Hello thediceyreview, 

When you connect an external microphone to the EOS Rebel SL2, it cuts out the internal microphone.  This is what is meant by given priority.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements