cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL1

Cindym67
Contributor

Got my new SL1 yesterday, unpacked everything, put the battery on the charger and loaded the software to my computer.  The battery was ready to use, but when I tried to put it in, it won't stay in or "click" in place so to speak. Anyone have any suggestions, or has this happened to anyone else?

Please tell me I don't have to send the whole camera back....I was soooo looking forward to playing with it today after my daughter goes to school.  Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OMG!  Thank you!  I just turned it upside down and it works now!  I was putting it in with the arrow on the top and it needs to be on the bottom....weird.  Smiley Embarassed

I feel so dumb, but am so glad I don't have to send it back and can play with it today!

Thanks again, I appreciate it!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Some Canon cameras have a battery design that prevents you from inserting the battery backwards or upside down. The SL1 battery design is a little simpler and can be inserted both uspide down and backwards. 

Can you close the battery door?  If not, then you have the battery in upside down and should just turn it around.  

If you can close the battery door then it should work or else there is a problem with your camera and you should return it.  

Mike Sowsun

OMG!  Thank you!  I just turned it upside down and it works now!  I was putting it in with the arrow on the top and it needs to be on the bottom....weird.  Smiley Embarassed

I feel so dumb, but am so glad I don't have to send it back and can play with it today!

Thanks again, I appreciate it!

Announcements