cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL1 raw images look have more of green hue than T3i raw images? Why?

ambrosecornflow
Contributor

Hi,  I've had (and loved) an EOS rebel t3i for over a year now.   I use it for product photography.    I purchased a second canon, an SL1 model, to make workflow go a bit faster.    I shoot exclusively in RAW.

However, when I load the RAW images in Digital Photo Professional (DPP), its very clear that the SL1 raw images have a much more green hue than the T3i images (which look more red), even though they have the same white balance and color temperature settings.   I tried taking the same shot, with the same camera settings and I even swapped lenses and the problem remains.  

Is it possible that something is wrong / off with the CCD?  or something else?   It just seems weird to me that raw images from two different canon dslrs can look so different

22 REPLIES 22

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... when I load the RAW images in Digital Photo Professional (DPP), ..."

RAW files do not record tints or temp settings  This is done by the RAW converter.  In your case this is DPP.  DPP is reading a small data file that you set in the camera.  It then guesses that is what you wanted so it can make a viewable picture. You can not view a RAW file directly.  It must be converted by something.  But it has nothing to do with the RAW file itself.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Peter
Authority
Authority
I understand what you mean with the green hue. I used DPP3 and DPP4. I will take a closer look later today.

Peter
Authority
Authority
Faster than RawTherapee.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements