cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL1 raw images look have more of green hue than T3i raw images? Why?

ambrosecornflow
Contributor

Hi,  I've had (and loved) an EOS rebel t3i for over a year now.   I use it for product photography.    I purchased a second canon, an SL1 model, to make workflow go a bit faster.    I shoot exclusively in RAW.

However, when I load the RAW images in Digital Photo Professional (DPP), its very clear that the SL1 raw images have a much more green hue than the T3i images (which look more red), even though they have the same white balance and color temperature settings.   I tried taking the same shot, with the same camera settings and I even swapped lenses and the problem remains.  

Is it possible that something is wrong / off with the CCD?  or something else?   It just seems weird to me that raw images from two different canon dslrs can look so different

22 REPLIES 22

The T3i and the SL-1 are good cameras, but they aren't professional grade. The higher you go in Canon's product line (or anybody else;s, probably), the better job the camera will do with its default white balance.

That said, there's no reason you can't work out the right WB correction for either or both cameras to make their images consistent with each other. That's one of the benefits of shooting in RAW.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Peter
Authority
Authority
Upload two raw files and let us see.

As Robert said it is always possible to correct the WB in post.

hmmm, i wont let me insert raw files into the image uploader

is it okay if i just post a link to the files?

The RAW file is too large. They shouldn't have suggested to u/l one.  I don't know if they let you link to stuff?  Might be against forum rules.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi, everyone!

Links used for the purpose of helping to troubleshoot an issue, such as linking to images hosted on galleries or personal web pages, are usually okay.

We hope this helps!

I got my link to filedropper erased. It contained a zip file that contained three of my TIFF files. Maybe a moderator has an answer of a better file hosting site that I can use for big raw files or TIFF files?

http://www.filedropper.com/007_1

http://www.filedropper.com/009_3

okay so the first link (007) is from the sl1 and it seems to have a noticable green hue when i open it up in dpp vs. the second link (009) which is from the t3i

hopefully the moderator will understand and forgive my link posting

I d/l the 007 file and brought it into ACR9.  I applied standard settings and the shot looks very normal to me.

I didn't bother with the other as it seems there isn't anything wrong with this one.

007.jpg

I don't see any 'green' tint.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

did the 009 shot look much different than the 007 in acr9?   I wonder if its just a DPP problem....like, dpp is reading each camera's firmware differently, or something.

Announcements