Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: SL1 Rebel 18-55 IS Lens focus problems

LR doesn't update ACR separately. It's built in.

Last I checked PSE doesn't offer updates or upgrades once a new version comes out.

I agree, once one spends the money for LR the best approach is working in Lightroom. But, nothing suits everyone. There are folks who don't like working with the catalog approach. Horses for courses.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
VIP

"LR doesn't update ACR separately. It's built in."

BTW, Mine updated last night, LR and ACR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Exactly. CC app updated LR-CC and ACR. Mine did as well, plus Bridge. 

If if you had LR6 you would only be updating LR since strictly speaking ACR is not a separate part of LR. The LR develop module and ACR are very similar but not identical. It is not possible to update only the ACR part of Lightroom. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
VIP

" It is not possible to update only the ACR part of Lightroom."

Well it is, sorta !

So far, ACR has updated no matter if you owned it or rented it.  LR does not get the upate but ACR does.  CS6 has stopped updating even ACR at 9.3 (?) so it is done.

This still belays the fact DPP4, Canon's own, doesn't support all its own products.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
New Contributor

This makes sense if the photos are for you, but I submit mine to Shutterstock and most are denied due to focus issues. Seems no matter how still I hold my camera, the focus is usually off. Any suggestions? I've tried different modes and settings
Highlighted
VIP

@Shala wrote:
This makes sense if the photos are for you, but I submit mine to Shutterstock and most are denied due to focus issues. Seems no matter how still I hold my camera, the focus is usually off. Any suggestions? I've tried different modes and settings

Without knowing how and what you are photographing, or seeing a sample, there is no way to offer concrete suggestions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."