cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL1 Rebel 18-55 IS Lens focus problems

amatula
Enthusiast

Hi,

I had problems with getting people in focus and I posted on that; the problem is also wtih landscape. Even when other photographers use my camera this happens.

In the attached image (non-modified other than to decrease the photo size), I used the following settings:

high quality image (L)

spot metering

ISO 100

F8

Speed: 200

Focused on the mountains

With image stabilization on

Auto focus on

I can provide other photos, but they are all the same basically; with not being able to get good image quality/focus.

I am hand holding the camera as I am hiking. I hike and take photos so I am not going to be carrying a tripod; I am using high speeds (over 100).

I did not have this issue with my SLR cameras.

I really need a camera where it is easier to have good focus images. Would a 3/4s be better or is there another model that would be better? If I lose a bit of image quality that is OK. But I want/need focus.

Thank you for any insight/suggestions you can offer.Isabelle_focus.jpg

45 REPLIES 45

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
LR doesn't update ACR separately. It's built in.

Last I checked PSE doesn't offer updates or upgrades once a new version comes out.

I agree, once one spends the money for LR the best approach is working in Lightroom. But, nothing suits everyone. There are folks who don't like working with the catalog approach. Horses for courses.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"LR doesn't update ACR separately. It's built in."

BTW, Mine updated last night, LR and ACR.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Exactly. CC app updated LR-CC and ACR. Mine did as well, plus Bridge. 

If if you had LR6 you would only be updating LR since strictly speaking ACR is not a separate part of LR. The LR develop module and ACR are very similar but not identical. It is not possible to update only the ACR part of Lightroom. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

" It is not possible to update only the ACR part of Lightroom."

Well it is, sorta !

So far, ACR has updated no matter if you owned it or rented it.  LR does not get the upate but ACR does.  CS6 has stopped updating even ACR at 9.3 (?) so it is done.

This still belays the fact DPP4, Canon's own, doesn't support all its own products.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Shala
Apprentice
This makes sense if the photos are for you, but I submit mine to Shutterstock and most are denied due to focus issues. Seems no matter how still I hold my camera, the focus is usually off. Any suggestions? I've tried different modes and settings

@Shala wrote:
This makes sense if the photos are for you, but I submit mine to Shutterstock and most are denied due to focus issues. Seems no matter how still I hold my camera, the focus is usually off. Any suggestions? I've tried different modes and settings

Without knowing how and what you are photographing, or seeing a sample, there is no way to offer concrete suggestions.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements