cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL-2 video clips will not play

Andrea98
Contributor
I filmed a video about 20m long and after I few hrs I wanted to go back and see it but it says that it cannot playback movie. What does that mean, why did that happen, and how do I fixed it?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Can you play back a shorter movie?

Sounds like a bad/corrupted card. Have you formatted the card in the camera recently?

Is it a micro card in an adapter?

so I clean the memory card and now I can see it on the camera but when I try to see it on my computer it wouldn't work.

Wolfie0827
Enthusiast

Also, are you trying to play it on the camera or on a computer? If on the a computer (PC or MAC) are trying to play it through a cable connection, memory card reader or harddrive?

Andrea98
Contributor
Camera.

Andrea98
Contributor
Yes I had to stop recording because it said that it had reach it record limit so I just filmed another video and with that one there’s no problem.

Hmm... Sounds like it might have had an issue with writting the video to the card due to size or possibly tempature. You might try recovery sofftware and even combine that with mpeg repair software and it might let you recover some or even most of the video. (I am assuming the SL-2 saves video in mpeg format here, if not  just substitute other format repair software for the mpeg.)

She never answered my other two questions, which could shed some light on this.

Announcements