cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD

Rayne-Belle
Apprentice
I just got my new camera delivered today. Its a Rebel, this may seem like a dumb question to thoae more experienced, however I have followed all the directions and suggestions on Google. It will not recognize my memory card nor will it let me format. It came with my camera (everything is brand new). Am I over looking a silly step or is this a ligit problem? I tried calling Canon & was told it is online sevice only & guess what?!... The site is down. Please help this new gal out.
4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Since Canon does not ship SD cards with its camera's anymore, you might have got a dodgy one in a resellers bundle.

What camera?

What brand SD card?

What do you mean that it is not "recognised?"

You might try a low level format in camera.

Rayne-Belle
Apprentice
Its the Rebel T7
It's says "Scan Disk Ultra"
The exact message is "Can not be accessed", I did go to low level format & then it gives me the message "Cannot format, change card"
Should I just buy another card and try? Thanks for yoyr response so quickly

Yep, you need another card, "Scan Disk" sounds like a name to fool you since it is close to "SanDisk"

Get a *real* SanDisk or Lexar that match the description in your manual.

Rayne-Belle
Apprentice
Auto correct...it is SanDisk Ultra. I will run and get another card after work and try that. Fingers crossed its just bad luck with this card. Thanks again for you quick response. I will update if the new one works.
Announcements