Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Cards & Connecting to Mac

ambirrell
Apprentice

Hi there- 

I have a dual question. 

1. Has anyone had trouble connecting their Cannon Rebel T6 directly to their Mac to transfer photos? I had previously had no issues and the other night when I connected its registerring the camera is connected but saying there are no images on a full card. 

which leads me to a major blunder....

2. Is there any way to recover images from a formatted SD card 😞 ? Instead of selecting cancel I selected "ok/enter" on the camera and have effectively lost  all my images. Is this reversible? 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

@ambirrell wrote:

Hi there- 

I have a dual question. 

1. Has anyone had trouble connecting their Cannon Rebel T6 directly to their Mac to transfer photos? I had previously had no issues and the other night when I connected its registerring the camera is connected but saying there are no images on a full card. 

which leads me to a major blunder....

2. Is there any way to recover images from a formatted SD card 😞 ? Instead of selecting cancel I selected "ok/enter" on the camera and have effectively lost  all my images. Is this reversible? 

Thanks. 

2. Sometimes. The simplest form of formatting just adjusts the file system's pointers to make the space available without actually deleting the underlying data. A good recovery program (most card manufacturers offer at least one) can often restore at least some of the data. But if you did a "low-level" format, the data will have gotten erased and cannot be recovered by any means available to ordinary mortals.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Can you see the images in the camera?  What application are you using on the Mac?  

What is the exact wording the message?  The Canon applications will only download a file once, and then mark the file on the memory card as having already been downloaded.  So, you can be told that there are “no images available for download”, which does not mean the card is empty.

Have you tried to read the SD card with a card reader?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You can try to run Image Capture directly - it is in the apps folder. If your system language is not english it might have a translated name.

Announcements