cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubber Dust Door Cover For Canon EOS 450D

coolside
Apprentice

I have bought the rubber dust door cover for Canon EOS 450D. Can anyone teach me how do I replace the rubber dust door cover? I have trouble trying to replace it.

Canon 450D.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

Ray-uk
Whiz

I can imagine that getting the old one off without dismantling the camera could be tricky, just a case of trying to insert something to help prise it out.

A new one should slide into place easily, if necessary put a tiny amount of silicon grease or vaseline on the stepped end.

John_
Authority

Yes it should just push into place or maybe you have to remove that side cover first by removing a couple of small screws

kentsuarez
Apprentice

The OP may have already figured it out by now, but for if not, and for others: If the silicone rubber cover had crumbled and partly broken, there's a tab on it which locks into a slot on the upper left edge, just left and below of the video out port. If you're having trouble installing the new one, it may be that the old tab had broken off and is lodged in that slot, so the new tab won't go into it. Simply gently insert a paper clip or pin into the upper or lower edge of the slot and pry the old, broken tab out. Once the tab slot is empty the new cover should snap right in.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements