cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rokinon 35mm cine lens

Hmarie459
Apprentice
Hi, I have a Canon Rebel t6i and just bought the rokinon 35mm lens. It’s a manual adjust. When I attached it to the camera and went to apurture priority mode and when I was trying to change the apature, it said no lens detected. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or if it’s because it’s a manual lens.
2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Hmarie459wrote:
Hi, I have a Canon Rebel t6i and just bought the rokinon 35mm lens. It’s a manual adjust. When I attached it to the camera and went to apurture priority mode and when I was trying to change the apature, it said no lens detected. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or if it’s because it’s a manual lens.

It is a manual lens, which mean it does not communicate with the camera’s autofocus and aperture control firmware.  

Some cameras have a menu setting that prevents the shutter from firing with no lens attached.  

Because a fully manual lens has not communication with the camera body, the camera cannot tell the difference between no lens attached, and a fully manual lens has been attached.

I always use M mode with fully manual lenses.  I also dial an aperture value to the aperture setting on the lens, which seems to help the camera to meter the exposure correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"It’s a manual adjust."

A lot of folks seem to not understand that this means, you do everything.  Try sitting the camera to M mode.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements