cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revel T6i showing Viewfinder Info on Lens -Auto Focus doesn't work

Acarlos
Apprentice

I was taking pictures on Saturday and my camera was fine, i ran out of battery so i turned it off and take it home to charge.

Sunday morning with the battery full i turned my camera on and this Viewfinder Info is on the lens and i can't see enought to take a picture.

Also i noticed that AF is not working now.

But i can still take pictures using the Live View Shotting option.

Any idea what's going on with my camera? i just bought it 2 months ago. 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out, we're happy to help!

Just to be clear, Live View is when you use the LCD (back screen) to take a photo.

Are you saying that when you look through the view finder (eyepiece) that you can't see an image, or when you use LiveView (the back LCD screen) that it has information on it that obscures your view?

If your back LCD screen has too much information on it, press the "INFO" button on the top left of the back of the camera a few times and it will cycle back to the screen you're looking for. Here is the button:

T6iInfo.JPG

If your viewfinder (eyepiece) is distorted, we think you'll benefit from speaking with our live, free, US-based team one-on-one. They're at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 8am to Midnight (ET) Monday through Friday and from 10am to 8pm (ET) on Saturday.

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm saying that when i look through the view finder (eyepiece) i can't see an image because what i get is this Viewer Info, i just tried pressing the INFO button several times and it doesn't do anything.

If you go to page 29 of this manual, that's the menu i see through the eyepiece and it is there even when the camera is off.

Also my AF doesn't work .

I tried to called the number your provided severl times, but the call gets disconnected every time they they pass my call to a technician, and i tried at least 5 times.

I also send an e mail.

Thanks,

Those are the camera's auto-focusing points. Because the camera has an intelligent viewfinder, if the camera isn't receiving power, or achieving focus, this might be dark. 

You can change your focusing mode by touching the mode you want, as outlined on page 104 of the manual.

We were having phone issues this morning, but things should be cleared up now. You might try our backup phone number 1-800-828-4040 to see if that gives you better results. 

Announcements