Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Remote Shooting Questions?

I currently own a T5i, but i been looking at the T6i because i want to be able to remote shoot with my iphone and take pictures. Just to confirm the t6i does have the ability to connect to the canon connect app and remote shoot correct? Also does it alow you to set a timer on the remote shooting? Last question, what if i brought a wifi enabled sd card for my T5i, would i then be able to use the app or a 3rd party app to remote shoot?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remote Shooting Questions?

This is from the T6i Wireless connect manual:

Untitled.jpg

So, yes, you can remote shoot. I don't know if it will let you use the timer or has one in the Canon Connect App.

A Wifi card can only transfer images, it has no control over the camera.

VIP

"...what if i brought a wifi enabled sd card for my T5i..."

Don't do it. Bad idea. They work poorly at best. IMHO, of course! Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, along with less and less other stuff.
New Contributor

Thanks you guys, i might just take the risk on the self timer 

Respected Contributor

How remote do you want to be? The T5i can be used with a wireless remote RC-6 or a wired remote RS60-E3 which you can add extension cables to or even connect a compatible wireless remote to that port with an interval timer, of which there are many. Miops makes a really good smart remote for Canon also that triggers with sound, motion, light, and laser. With your iPhone and the connect app you can still view the images remotely too